Armor Express featured in Officer.com's First Aid Kits & Supplies section article - Read more here…
CENTRAL LAKE, MI – April 4, 2019 – Armor Express, a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance protective solutions for the Domestic and Federal Law Enforcement markets, Department of Defense and First Responders, will showcase its latest advancements in ballistic vests, carriers, helmets, and accessories at the 2019 Fire Department Instructor’s Conference (FDIC International). The show runs from April 8-13 at the Indiana Convention Center & Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, and Armor Express will be exhibiting its offerings at Booth #10026.
“We look forward to this year’s FDIC Conference and engaging with attendees on the important issues, including developments in active shooter preparation and ballistic protection, as underpinned by the NIJ-0101.06 and NFPA 3000 Standards,” said Frank Flores, Director of Fire and EMS at Armor Express. “Our latest solutions demonstrate Armor Express’ commitment to our nation’s First Responders. From the Hardcore FE carrier that works as a seat assignment vest, to the AEX35 ballistic helmet’s ‘one-size-fits-all’ design and the lightweight Triton Level III standalone rifle plate with extended warranty, these are prime examples of how we continue to innovate and support the specific needs of Fire/EMS departments.”
Today’s first responders must prepare to handle a ‘warm zone’ quickly turning into a ‘hot’ one, as more dynamic active shooter incidents occur. To do so requires ballistic protection. The NFPA 3000 stipulates that ballistic armor must be rated to Level IIIA, which protects against the largest handguns according to the National Institute of Justice (NIJ). The armor must also be NIJ-certified and on the NIJ-compliant products list. Additionally, the vest must identify the jurisdiction’s name or the responder’s role. The NFPA Standard further recommends departments employ a ballistic helmet, among other equipment.
Visitors to the Armor Express booth (10026) will have an upfront view of the Company’s ground-breaking, NFPA- and NIJ-compliant solutions, including the:
- OCS-UVIR – A lightweight carrier designed to go over a uniform shirt. It protects from handgun threats, with the option to quickly add rifle protection plates via external front and rear plate pockets. The vest is adjustable at both shoulder and sides, with ergonomic features for comfort. An internal cummerbund offers vest security and best fit during movement. The OCS-UVIR is designed to fit BRAVO armor panels.
- Traverse – An overt patrol vest that can convert LEGACY or BRAVO concealable soft armor into a front zip-side opening system. This vest offers both MOLLE and Dress configurations, along with optional features to meet departmental requirements. The Traverse is available in either the traditional LEGACY or new BRAVO cut. Internal plate pockets accommodate inserts for added protection. Front and rear hard armor plate pockets accommodate rifle plate protection.
- Hardcore FE – The first carrier of its kind to safely address a one-size-fits-most application, with consideration for comfort, movement and ballistic protection. The Hardcore FE can be quickly equipped with rifle plates via its top-loading external plate pockets and is designed to protect during an active shooter or hostile event response. The vest is designed to fit BRAVO armor panels.
- Active Shooter Response (ASR) Kit – This MOLLE Active Shooter Response kit allows responders to rapidly up-armor with a plate carrier to increase their level of protection, addressing the potential threat of rifle or high-powered firearms typically encountered in an active shooter situation. The plate carrier rapidly dons over an existing uniform and concealable vest for quick response.
- AEX35 Ballistic Helmet – The AEX35 is a cost-effective Aramid Level IIIA ballistic helmet tested to the NIJ standard. It is an ACH full cut designed specifically with the first responder in mind. Weighing only 3.25lbs, the helmet’s bolt-less shell offers superior protection and its quick release harness and padding system fits sizes S-XL.
- AMH-2 Bump/Impact Training Helmet – Provides a high level of impact protection, ventilation and comfort. Its shell is certified to EN 397 for impact attenuation. This, combined with the Comfort Protection Pad (CPP) suspension system, offers both multi-impact & shock protection capability. The CPP system can be quickly adjusted to tailor-fit specific head shapes/sizes. The retention system uses wheel dial technology which is easy to operate and provides a secure and snug fit.
- Triton Hard Armor Plate – This steel plate from Buffalo Armory® measures only .21” thick and weighs 6.3lbs in a 10×12 SH configuration. It is certified to NIJ Level III with a III+ rating, as well as the 2018 DEA protocol. The Triton can fit into the rifle plate pocket of a plate carrier, tactical entry vest, or compatible overt body armor carrier.
To see more body armor innovations for Fire/EMS, visit www.armorexpress.com/professions/fire.
About Armor Express
Armor Express is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance body armor systems and related protective solutions. Founded in 2005, the Company has grown to become one of the largest providers of soft and hard armor products and accessories, serving the Federal and Domestic Law Enforcement market, the Department of Defense, First Responders, and America’s allies around the world. In 2018, the Company merged with KDH Defense Systems, further expanding its portfolio and customer reach, while enhancing its manufacturing footprint and supply chain relationships. Through these partnerships with technology innovators and the Company’s unwavering commitment to advance research & development, customers benefit from state-of-the-art protective solutions and best-in-class service. For more information, please visit www.armorexpress.com.
Director of Fire and EMS
GW Communications (for Armor Express)