Armor Express Supports the OTOA in Advancing Officer Training and Personal Protection at Annual Conference
CENTRAL LAKE, MI – May 31st, 2019 – Armor Express, a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance protective solutions for the Domestic and Federal Law Enforcement markets, Department of Defense and First Responders, is honored to serve as a Platinum supporter as well as sponsor of the Life Saving Award at this year’s Ohio Tactical Officers Association (OTOA) Annual Conference slated for June 3-7 in Sandusky, Ohio. The Company is also excited to exhibit its new and enhanced offerings at booth #136.
“The driving force behind our ongoing investments in R&D is driven by the ever-growing threats faced by First Responders. They are the ones who put their lives on the line and deserve the best protection in the world,” said Frank Cappo, Vice President of Sales. “Everyone at Armor Express, along with all of our valued industry partners continue to develop state-of-the-art, advanced armor systems that consistently surpass industry standards, while maintaining the comfort and flexibility for all mission requirements. We look forward to collaborating more closely with OTOA member agencies to gain further insight into their needs and how we can better support them.”
Conference attendees are invited to engage with the Armor Express team on key issues and view the latest tactical carriers, hard armor plates, ballistic helmets and shields, and other advanced equipment, including the:
- Laser Cut Plate Carrier (LCPC) which focuses on simplicity and high speed and is designed to fit most hard armor plates and soft ballistic plate backers. Whether the task force needs certified ICW or Lo Vis special threat hard armor, the LCPC ASR will fit their need. The carrier gives the operator a lightweight laser cut platform made with today’s newest and strongest materials.
- Lighthawk XT 3.0 carrier which is built on the widely accepted SPEAR BALCS ballistic cut and provides ample coverage while maintaining a more aggressive architecture. Its enhanced technology includes the MRM Vent System with 3D foam spacing for airflow; upgraded Advanced Shoulder Pads that aid in weight disbursement and overall comfort; and an interchangeable cummerbund system with quick release options – all supporting high-performance tactical entry.
- Fearless PC carrier, featuring a laser cut attachment platform that can be customized with either TUBES® or COBRA® Alpha quick release Dynamic Cummerbund systems, with accessory sleeves that enable the officer to kit out just the way their mission requires. Options and accessories include First Spear™ Buoyancy Compensators (size dependent), ballistic-structured deltoid protectors, laser cut Hard Armor Shoulder Plates (HASP), and removable sling catch.
- Triton hard armor plate from Buffalo Armory®. This steel plate measures only .21” thick and weighs 6.3lbs in a 10×12 SH configuration. It is certified to NIJ Level III with a III+ rating, as well as the 2018 DEA protocol. The Triton can fit into the rifle plate pocket of a plate carrier, tactical entry vest, or compatible overt body armor carrier.
- AEX35 ballistic helmet whichis a cost-effective Aramid Level IIIA helmet tested to the NIJ standard. It is an ACH full cut designed specifically with the officer in mind. Weighing only 3.25lbs, the helmet’s bolt-less shell offers superior protection and its quick release harness and padding system fits sizes S-XL.
- R1+ shield that utilizes the latest ballistic technology and is offered with the original R1 Level III ambidextrous shape. Now, operators can rely on Level III rifle protection with the addition of the 5.56x45mm M855/SS109 Green Tip to the threat matrix. Options/accessories include a Retro Single Switch Fox Fury 600 Lumen LED Light System with Strobe (1.1lbs); removable Agency ID Placard; and a Carry Bag.
To learn more about these and other solutions for tactical law enforcement, go to www.armorexpress.com.
Armor Express is especially proud to sponsor the 2019 OTOA Life Saving Award, which will be presented to the officer(s) who placed themselves at risk of serious physical harm in order to save a life. This year’s Award recipients are Officers Mike Rowe, Edward Gawlik and Mike Kastanis of the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office SWAT. They will be recognized and celebrated at the OTOA Awards Banquet on Wednesday, June 5, with special guest speaker Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost. Further details on the Awards and Conference may be found at www.otoa.org.
About Armor Express
Armor Express is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance body armor systems and related protective solutions. Founded in 2005, the Company has grown to become one of the largest providers of soft and hard armor products and accessories, serving the Federal and Domestic Law Enforcement market, the Department of Defense, First Responders, and America’s allies around the world. In 2018, the Company merged with KDH Defense Systems, further expanding its portfolio and customer reach, while enhancing its manufacturing footprint and supply chain relationships. Through these partnerships with technology innovators and the Company’s unwavering commitment to advance research & development, customers benefit from state-of-the-art protective solutions and best-in-class service. For more information, please visit www.armorexpress.com.
Marketing Manager, Armor Express
GW Communications (for Armor Express)
Comments are closed.