Armor Express to Demonstrate latest Innovations in Protective Equipment for First Responders at EMS Today
CENTRAL LAKE, MI – February 19, 2019 – Armor Express, a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance protective solutions for the Domestic and Federal Law Enforcement markets, Department of Defense and First Responders, will showcase its newest ballistic technology, carrier designs, hard armor applications, and accessory tools at the 2019 EMS Today Conference & Expo. Organized by the Journal of Emergency Medical Services (JEMS), the show takes place February 20-22 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland. Armor Express will be exhibiting at booth #1748.
“We look forward to engaging with attendees on crucial issues, including the growing demand for innovative protective solutions, as first responders face more volatile environments including active shooter and mass casualty events,” said Frank Flores, Director of Fire and EMS at Armor Express. “EMS Today provides a valuable opportunity to showcase our latest product developments and garner insights directly from end-users. We’re able to connect and share real-world experiences that ultimately contribute to the advancement of technologies that bring peace of mind and save lives!”
With medical, fire and rescue personnel confronting more hostile situations (re: Violent attacks on calls prompt more EMTs to get body armor; Report: Maryland firefighter/medic killed during welfare check), agencies are seeking high-performance body armor certified to the National Institute of Justice (NIJ 0101.06), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 3000) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) standards. This is supported by training programs focused on better preparing first responders to withstand ever-changing threats.
Among the ground-breaking solutions that will be featured at the Armor Express booth #1748, are the:
- OCS-UVIR – A lightweight, external body armor system designed to go over a uniform shirt. It protects from handgun threats, with the option to quickly add rifle protection plates via external front and rear plate pockets. The vest is adjustable at both shoulder and sides and ergonomically-designed for comfort. In addition, it is equipped with an internal cummerbund for vest security and best fit during movement. The OCS-UVIR is designed to fit BRAVO armor panels.
- Traverse – An overt patrol vest that can convert LEGACY or BRAVO concealable soft armor into a front zip-side opening system. This vest offers both MOLLE and Dress configurations along with optional features to meet departmental requirements. The Traverse is available in either the traditional LEGACY or new BRAVO cut. Internal plate pockets accommodate inserts for added protection. Front and rear hard armor plate pockets accommodate rifle plate protection.
- Hardcore FE – The first carrier of its kind to safely address a one-size-fits-most application, with consideration for comfort, movement, and ballistic protection. It can be quickly equipped with rifle plates via its top-loading external plate pockets and is designed to protect during an active shooter or hostile event response. The vest is designed to fit BRAVO armor panels.
- Active Shooter Response (ASR) Kit – This MOLLE Active Shooter Response kit allows first responders to rapidly up-armor with a plate carrier to increase their level of protection, addressing the potential threat of rifle or high-powered firearms typically encountered in an active shooter situation. The plate carrier rapidly dons over an existing uniform and concealable vest for quick response.
- AEX35 Ballistic Helmet – The AEX35 is a cost-effective Aramid Level IIIA ballistic helmet tested to the NIJ standard. It is an ACH full cut designed specifically with the first responder in mind. Weighing only 3.25lbs, the helmet’s bolt-less shell offers superior protection and its quick release harness and padding system fits sizes S-XL.
- Triton Hard Armor Plate – This steel plate from Buffalo Armory® measures only .21” thick and weighs 6.3lbs in a 10×12 SH configuration. It is certified to Level III with a III+ rating, as well as the 2018 DEA protocol. The Triton can fit into the rifle plate pocket of a plate carrier, tactical entry vest, or compatible overt body armor carrier. It serves as an ideal Active Shooter Kit component and offers LE and Fire/EMS departments an affordable yet durable NIJ-approved plate option.
EMS Today is the leader in EMS education for over 35 years and brings together more than 4,600 EMS professionals from around the world, with countless hands-on experiences (both on-site and off-site). The conference offers over 240 CEH opportunities and showcases the most innovative products and services available to the industry from over 250 exhibiting companies. For more information about the conference, go to www.emstoday.com.
About Armor Express
Armor Express is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance body armor systems and related protective solutions. Founded in 2005, the Company has grown to become one of the largest providers of soft and hard armor products and accessories, serving the Federal and Domestic Law Enforcement market, the Department of Defense, First Responders, and America’s allies around the world. In 2018, the Company merged with KDH Defense Systems, further expanding its portfolio and customer reach, while enhancing its manufacturing footprint and supply chain relationships. Through these partnerships with technology innovators and the Company’s unwavering commitment to advance research & development, customers benefit from state-of-the-art protective solutions and best-in-class service. For more information, please visit www.armorexpress.com.
Company Contact: Media Relations Contact:
Comments are closed.