Purchasing body armor is a significant investment in your safety and well-being. As such, it's…
Company’s Triton Plate with Spall Guard Technology selected as a product finalist for the EMS World Innovation Awards
CENTRAL LAKE, MI – October 8, 2019 – Armor Express, a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance protective solutions for the Domestic and Federal Law Enforcement markets, Department of Defense and First Responders, will exhibit its new and enhanced ballistic vests, carriers, helmets, and hard armor at the 2019 EMS World Expo. The show will take place October 14-18 in New Orleans, Louisiana and the Company will showcase its offerings at Booth #1152.
Armor Express’ latest innovations support both the ballistic and budget needs of emergency response agencies. These include more robust, yet comfortable and cost-effective soft armor; flexible, ‘one-size-fits-most’ carriers; adjustable helmets focused on stopping bullets as well as reducing blunt force trauma; and lightweight, carrier-compatible rifle plates with an extended warranty. Visitors to the booth will have an up-close look at the Company’s award-winning solutions, including its Triton hard armor plate which has been selected as a finalist for this year’s EMS World Innovation Awards.
- Hard Core FE Carrier – This is the first carrier of its kind to safely address a one-size-fits-most application, with consideration for comfort, movement and ballistic protection. The Hard Core FE can be quickly equipped with rifle plates via its top-loading external plate pockets and is designed to protect during an active shooter/hostile event response. The vest is made to fit BRAVO armor panels.
- OCS-UVIR Carrier – This lightweight carrier is made to go over a uniform shirt. It protects from handgun threats, with the option to quickly add rifle protection plates via external front and rear plate pockets. The vest is adjustable at both shoulder and sides, with ergonomic features for comfort. An internal cummerbund offers vest security and best fit during movement. The OCS-UVIR is designed to fit BRAVO armor panels.
- Quantum Ballistic Armor – Providing next-gen protection, with special threat capabilities, the Quantum soft body armor is a robust package. It can stop the 5.7×28 Sporting Round (both Level II and IIIA) and the 5.7×28 Lead Free, giving the EMS professional peace of mind. It is also lightweight and flexible. The Quantum is combat-tested and proven to DoD frag protection. Viewed as the LE workhorse, it brings stopping power ballistics at an affordable cost to the EMS world as well.
- FMS Ballistic Armor – The surprisingly comfortable FMS soft armor package is considered Armor Express’ most cost-effective body armor system. For first responders seeking a solid performing, yet affordable NIJ 0101.06 ballistic system, the FMS in Level II and IIIA is a top performer. So much so, it meets DoD frag protection and is trusted by the U.S. Army Military Police.
- Triton Hard Armor Plate – This polyurea-coated, steel plate measures only .21” thick and weighs 6.3lbs in a 10×12 SH configuration. With its rifle multi-hit defense capability, the Triton is certified to NIJ Level III with a III+ rating, as well as the 2018 DEA protocol. It can fit into the rifle plate pocket of a plate carrier or compatible overt body armor carrier. This hard armor offers a 10-year warranty.
- AMP-1 TP Helmet – The Busch PROtective AMP-1 TP from Armor Express is constructed of a multi-layer aramid composite and patented production technique that creates elite ballistic performance. Its increased edge and multi-impact capabilities enhance the helmet’s protective area by up to 50% compared to standard ballistic helmets, offering high fragmentation protection. In addition to NIJ, DEA and FBI certification, the AMP-1 TP meets VPAM-3 standards.
For more information on these and other advanced protection equipment for the EMS sector, please visit www.armorexpress.com/professions/ems/.
About Armor Express
Armor Express is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance body armor systems and related protective solutions. Founded in 2005, the Company has grown to become one of the largest providers of soft and hard armor products and accessories, serving the Federal and Domestic Law Enforcement market, the Department of Defense, First Responders, and America’s allies around the world. In 2018, the Company joined forces with KDH Defense Systems, further expanding its portfolio and customer reach, while enhancing its manufacturing footprint and supply chain relationships. Through these partnerships with technology innovators and the Company’s unwavering commitment to advance research & development, customers benefit from state-of-the-art protective solutions and best-in-class service. For more information, please visit www.armorexpress.com.
Glenn Wiener, Chief Strategy Officer
Armor Express / KDH Defense Systems
Dionne Manchester, PR Manager
Armor Express / KDH Defense Systems