Purchasing body armor is a significant investment in your safety and well-being. As such, it's…
Eden, NC and Arlington, VA, October 10, 2019 – KDH Defense Systems, Inc. (“KDH”) and Armor Express, both industry leaders in the manufacturing and distribution of high-performance protective solutions, will be demonstrating some of the most technologically advanced ballistic systems, carriers and hard armor solutions available, at the Annual Meeting and Expo of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA). KDH and Armor Express will be exhibiting at booth #4043 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., on October 14-16.
“We are excited to gather with America's military and defense leaders to engage on the key issues and re-affirm our commitment to protecting all customers with the most innovative and reliable body armor solutions they require,” stated Lushana Offutt, Senior Vice President, Government Operations. “The systems we are producing for the U.S. Department of Defense and Federal agencies, are based on the real-world experiences of our service men and women. It is our honor to support them.”
Among the innovations to be showcased at AUSA are the:
- Modular Scalable Vest (“MSV”) Gen II – The MSV-GEN II is the latest release from the Army and only produced by KDH.Chosen by soldiers, the vest offers enhanced protection and maneuverability at a significantly reduced weight. It includes both full Up Tactical and Concealable Vest components. The MSV-Gen II can be worn over the soldier’s uniform and is made up of the concealable components inserted into the tactical carrier.
- Soldier Protection System Torso and Extremity Protection Blast Pelvic Protector (“BPP”) – The Blast Pelvic Protector is the latest addition to the soldier protective ensemble and its design underwent a stringent multi-year development program by the Army. The BPP offers both 9mm and Fragmentation protection to the vital pelvic area.
- USMC Plate Carrier Gen III – This new carrier for the U.S. Marine Corps consists of a cummerbund style main vest with the option of using the Improved Modular Tactical Vest’s (IMTV) groin and lower back protection. The PC provides more efficient weight distribution and is designed to scale based on mission requirements. It features a 2-point cut away system, fully integrated side protection, communication routing channels, and increased MOLLE attachment points.
- Naval Security Forces Vest (“NSV”) – The NSV consists of a base vest and modular components for tailoring protection levels to defeat multiple ballistic and fragmentation hazards while performing security and Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection. This new Naval Security Forces Vest features Level IIIA ballistic inserts, an outer carrier, and yoke and collar assemblies.
- Busch PROtective AMP-1 TP Helmet – Designed for close quarter combat threats, the AMP-1 TP is constructed of a multi-layer aramid composite and a patented production technique that creates elite ballistic performance. Its increased edge and multi-impact capabilities enhance the helmet’s protective area by up to 50% compared to standard ballistic helmets, offering high fragmentation protection. It is certified to international VPAM-3 standards, as well as U.S. NIJ, DEA and FBI testing protocols.
Other ground-breaking solutions will be displayed, including offerings designed specifically for Federal and Domestic Law Enforcement. Among them, Armor Express’ Razor II ballistic system; American Revolution, Traverse and Lighthawk XT 3.0 carriers; Standard Outer Garment (SOG), Tactical Outer Garment (TOG) and Formal Outer Garment (FOG); and assorted hard armor/rifle plates.
Attendees are welcome to stop by booth #4043 to view firsthand and speak one-on-one with Company executives.
The Association of the United States Army’s Annual Meeting is the largest landpower exposition and professional development forum in North America. Taking place over three days, the Annual Meeting is designed to deliver the Army’s message by highlighting the capabilities of organizations and presenting a wide range of industry products and services. The conference comprises presentations on the State-of-the-Army, panel discussions and seminars on pertinent military and national security subjects, and a variety of valuable networking events. For more information, visit http://ausameetings.org/2019annualmeeting/.
About KDH Defense Systems
KDH Defense Systems, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of American-made custom solutions for body armor. Building on its legacy of innovative, market-leading ballistic technologies for the U.S. Department of Defense, the Company designs, manufactures and distributes high-performance body armor for military, federal government, and law enforcement agencies. For more information, please visit www.kdhdefensesystems.com.
About Armor Express
Armor Express is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-performance body armor systems and related protective solutions. Founded in 2005, the Company has grown to become one of the largest providers of soft and hard armor products and accessories, serving the Federal and Domestic Law Enforcement market, the Department of Defense, First Responders, and America’s allies around the world. For more information, please visit www.armorexpress.com.